Multi-Zone, Wireless (Radio-Frequency) Digital Room Thermostat
The basic package of the device includes two thermostats and a receiver unit. If required, the equipment can be extended by two additional COMPUTHERM Q5RF (TX) and/or COMPUTHERM Q8RF (TX) thermostats. It is possible to tune both a thermostat and a COMPUTHERM Q1RX wireless socket to zone 1 of the COMPUTHERM Q5RF, thus making it possible to control two different devices at the same time (e.g. starting both the boiler and a circulation pump).
The receiver unit receives switching signals from the thermostats, controls the boiler and gives commands to open/close the heating zone valves (max. 4 zones) associated with the thermostats. The zones can operate independently from each other or, in case of need, all zones can operate at the same time. This way only those rooms are heated at a given time, whose heating is required.
The thermostats enable you to set an economy and a comfort temperature, to calibrate the thermometer, to select the switching sensitivity and to switch between the heating and cooling mode.
The thermostats can be freely moved within the transmission distance, there is a wireless (radio-frequency) connection between the thermostats and the boiler. The trouble-free operation is ensured by its own security code.
We recommend using it in places where programmability is not required, but dividing the heating system into zones, portability, accurate temperature measurement, accurate temperature setting and switching sensitivity is important.
The most important technical data of the thermostats (transmitters):
- Adjustable temperature range: 5 to 40 °C (in 0.5 °C increments)
- Temperature measurement range: 3 to 45 °C (in 0.1 °C increments)
- Temperature measurement accuracy: ±0.5 °C
- Thermometer calibration range: approx. 3 °C
- Selectable switching sensitivity: ±0.1 °C; ±0.2 °C
- Battery voltage: 2 x 1.5V AA ALKALINE batteries (LR6 type)
- Operating frequency: 868.35 MHz
- Transmission distance: approx. 50 m in an open terrain
The most important technical data of the receiver unit:
- Supply voltage: 230 V AC, 50 Hz
- Voltage of the zone outputs: 230 V AC, 50 Hz
- Loadability of the zone outputs: 1 A (0.5 A inductive load)
- Switchable voltage of the relay controlling the boiler: 24 V AC/DC … 250 V AC, 50 Hz
- Loadability of the relay controlling the boiler: 6 A (1 A inductive load)